The answer to the question above is anybody’s guess. In this age of internet and web 2.0, SEO and social media and marketing, I believe blogging for business is a necessity. A business blog can be the most critical Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing tools made available to any form of business. It can well be used to promote your business, its products and services.
There are a number of success stories linked to business blogs and how they have positively affected the growth and spread of business. Without doubt the time and effort spent on a well crafted social media marketing strategy of which a business blog is an important part, will generate positive ROI for your business.
In the world of social media marketing content is of prime importance. Search Engine Optimization plans require fresh and relevant content to generating the requisite interest in the business and its products and services. Blogging will enable the company to:
- Broadcast information relating to its products and services
- Optimize the search for an extended list of keywords
- Educate users and others about the benefits from your products and services
- Increase visibility across Search Engine Result Pages (SERP)
Social Media is all about engaging with your customers and prospects. The usual websites don’t allow for interactive features, however, the blogs allow for expert comments and additional information to be provided whenever deemed necessary.
Just writing the business blog will not help us in anyways in this era of competitive and expansive internet and web 2.0. Without blog promotional activities, it becomes difficult to generate good ROI from it. Methods used to promote a blog are very much the same as are used to promote a wbsite.
- Keyword and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Networking websites
- Active commenting and communication with the blogging community
- Pay Per Click (PPC) campaignsBlogs do provide additional benefits to a business. However, a lot of commitment and regular posts are required to ensure the efficacy of such a program. Hence, I would say in today’s world of fast paced lives and business, we can’t rule out the importance of internet and hence blogging can pay rich dividends if handled tactfully and with a lot of commitment.